The new Firebird features some of the longest reach measurements in the sport, combined with super-short 16.95” chainstays and Boost spacing, and fits 27.5” wheels with tires up to 2.5” wide.
The Firebird is the no-compromise, Holy Grail of long travel mountain bikes – both an enduro bike that devours park runs and a technical climber that relishes huge lines and blazing descents. Building on its reputation as the bike for all-day missions on black diamond terrain, the Firebird now features Phoenix DH-inspired long reach measurements combined with a 65-degree head angle to deliver unmatched stability and handling.
“The Firebird is already known as long travel bike that can take huge hits and is also an incredibly capable technical climber,” said Pivot Cycles President and CEO, Chris Cocalis. “This new bike takes that reputation for enduro-versatility and ups the ante by incorporating our long and low geometry, and super short chainstays. This geometry really puts the rider “in” the bike, and adds up to an incredibly stable ride at high speeds and in super steep technical challenges.”
The Firebird, with 170mm of dw-link™ suspension, is the best choice for riders seeking a no-compromises bike for all-day missions on black-diamond terrain. The new carbon frame design enabled Pivot’s engineering team to drop weight (it is easy to build a complete Firebird under 28 pounds), increase strength and stiffness, and incorporate Pivot’s signature design features - the same double wishbone rear triangle and linkage design found on the Phoenix DH, Boost spacing, the Pivot Cable Port System for super clean internal cable routing and fully Di2 integration and ultra-quiet, low durometer rubberized frame protection.
Firebird RED - XTR
Firebird Blue - XT Pro
• Full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot's proprietary hollow core internal molding technology
• Phoenix DH-influenced long and low geometry
• Short 430mm (16.95”) chainstays
• 170mm dw-link™ rear suspension with upper clevis and linkage and double wishbone rear triangle
• Fox Float Factory X2 rear shock
• Features a 170mm Fox 36 Factory fork
• 27.5 wheel compatible, fits tires up to 2.5” wide
• Boost™ spacing front and rear
• Front derailleur compatible with Pivot’s stealth E-Type mounting system.
• 180mm rear post mounts (no adaptor required)
• Pivot Cable Port system for easy internal routing of shifters, brakes and droppers and full Di2 Integration
• Internal dropper post compatible
• Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
• New ultra quiet low durometer rubberized frame protection
• Available in sizes S, M, L, XL for riders between 5'4" and 6'7
Tweets by @JetBlackCycling